It’s 2023 and summer is approching! JJ&A Mechanical has made a list about the best residential air conditioners of 2023. Air conditioners are an essential part of many residential homes, providing relief from hot and humid temperatures during British Columbia’s West Coast summer months. Our Goal is to help readers choose the best air conditioner for their home, including an overview of different types of air conditioners, factors to consider when choosing an air conditioner, and recommendations for the best air conditioners for home use.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Air Conditioner
When choosing an air conditioner, it is important to consider factors such as room size, energy efficiency, noise level, and additional features.
- Room Size – The size of the room or area to be cooled should be taken into consideration when choosing an air conditioner, as an undersized unit will struggle to keep up with cooling demands and an oversized unit may cycle on and off frequently, resulting in inefficient operation and increased wear and tear on the unit.
- Energy Efficiency – Energy efficiency is an important factor to consider when choosing an air conditioner, as a more efficient unit can result in lower energy bills and reduced environmental impact.
- Noise Level – Noise level is another important factor to consider, as noisy air conditioners can be disruptive and uncomfortable to use.
Programmable Thermostat – This allows for precise, effortless temperature regulation and ultimate comfort.
Types of Air Conditioners
- Window Air Conditioners – Window air conditioners are designed to fit in a standard window opening and are a popular choice for single-room cooling.
- Portable Air Conditioners – Portable air conditioners are self-contained units that can be moved from room to room and do not require permanent installation.
- Split-System Air Conditioners – Split-system air conditioners consist of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit connected by refrigerant lines, and are typically used for cooling larger areas or multiple rooms.
- Central Air Conditioners – Central air conditioners are a whole-house cooling system that use ducts to distribute cool air throughout the home.
Best Residential Air Conditioners
1. LG LW8016ER
2. Frigidaire FGRC0844S1
Best Portable Air Conditioner 1. Honeywell HL10CESWK
2. Black + Decker BPACT14HWT
Best Split-System Air Conditioner
1. Pioneer WYS012-17
2. Senville SENL-09CD
Best Central Air Conditioner
1. Carrier Infinity 21 24ANB1 2. Lennox XC25